I have received so many messages from my Sunday Insta story that I have decided to share this recipe with you. Did you know that this was actually my first Vegetarian/Vegan recipe when I started my veggie journey? Bon appétit ! 😉
This recipe is for approx 6 people :
– 500gr of lentils
– 400 ml coconut milk
– Cumin as per your taste
– 1 teaspoon of turmeric
– 2 teaspoon of coarse salt
– 4 pinch of pepper
– 2 medium potatoes, if possible Belle de Fontenay potatoes are better
– 1 medium
– 1 red onion
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 chili pepper (spicy) or 1 vegetarian chili (not spicy but brings taste) : OPTIONAL
- Peel your onions and cut them into dices. Put them aside.
- Ideally if you have a mortar, you can crush your garlic, salt, pepper and cumin together. If you do not have this tool, crush or cut your garlic and put them in the same bowl with your salt, cumin and pepper. Put them aside.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into dices. Same operation for your carrots.
- Start to heat your coconut oil in a cooking pot over high heat.
Tips to know if your oil is hot, put a little bit of water on your fingers and throw a little amount into the pan, if you hear any crispy/cracking sound, your oil is ready. 🙂
- Versez le mélange d’épices (ail + sel + cumin + poivre) dans la marmite, ajoutez les oignons. Laissez cuire 2-3 minutes le mélange. Il faut que les oignons deviennent plus tendres et sentent bons.
- Throw the mix of spices ( garlic + salt + cumin + pepper) in the pan, add your onions. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. The onions have to be tender and have a nice smell.
- Add your carrots, mix for 1-2 min, please note that each time you add a new ingredient, you really have to let them take the taste of your spices before adding another one. Add your potatoes and let them dance with the spices too.
- Add your lentils, lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your coconut milk and curcuma. Let it simmer for 20 min.
- Check that your carrots, potatoes and lentils are tender as cotton, if that’s the case, you are good to go!
- This dish is to be eaten with rice.
BON APPETIT !